Wednesday, November 18, 2009

Kairos Reunion

I will get back to Eeny Meeny, Miney and Momo later, but I wanted to share a little about the Kairos monthly reunion last night.............

On the 3rd Tuesday of each month,we Kairos volunteers gather with the inmates at Lowell CI for a time of confidential sharing and prayer. Last night we were blessed with approximately 40 inmates in attendance. We usually divide into groups of inmates and a Kairos volunteer, but last night because of other commitments, there were only 5 volunteers. Therefore, we decided to have the "ladies in blue" come to the mike for a time of sharing, since smaller groups would have been too large and our allotted time to short for quality sharing.

There were about 10 that came forward and shared of how the Lord was working in their lives. There were several who shared concern for their families, especially their children. Some even thanked God for their incarceration, as they said that their time locked up had caused them to stop and examine their lives. Once again I was reminded of the spiritual freedom that is available to those who follow Jesus as Lord, even when incarcerated.

I've noticed that being incarcerated often helps you to recognize that the only one you can place your total trust in is God. We,who have our freedom, often place our trust in jobs, houses, family and possessions. Having everything stripped from you as these women have, causes them to zero in on what is really important, God.

I always leave the monthly reunion filled to overflowing with thanksgiving for this special time I have to meet with my "sisters in blue". Although I am usually tired when I arrive from working all day, when I leave I am rejuvenated, empowered and ready to take on the "enemy".

Thanks for listening...................Shalom, Bebe

No comments:

Post a Comment