Tuesday, November 17, 2009

And more of Eeny Meeny, Miney and Mo.............

Steve was the one who took Momo to be spayed the next morning and we both picked her up that afternoon. We had prepared a quiet place for her in our guest room where she could roam and be protected from our two elderly female cats. We had both been praying about what to do next and how to take care of her. We had been given a list of post surgery do’s and don’ts. I had purchased the pain meds they recommended, but remember, we had still not been able to handle her, so I didn’t place much hope in being able to administer it.



She was softly mewing as we opened the pet carrier in the guest room. I opened the door and reached in to try to gently pick her up. Since she was still sedated, I was able to do so. I expected her to squirm to get out of my arms, but much to our surprise, she nestled in and began purring. We decided to take advantage of the sedation and continued to hold and pet her throughout the afternoon. She loved it.



I decided that I would sleep in the guest room while she recovered. For three nights I slept on an air cushion on the floor, so that I could be close to her. The 1st night I extended my arm to her and she slept close to my hand. After deciding that this arrangement was not quite to her liking, the next 2 nights she curled up next to me. My fear of rolling on her and hurting her prevented me from getting much sleep, so the 4th and 5th nights Steve took over. By the sixth day she was completely spoiled rotten and didn’t want us out of her sight. She meowed quite loudly when left alone in the guest room. It was time to introduce her to the rest of the house...................Shalom, Bebe

No comments:

Post a Comment