Monday, December 28, 2009

Eeny Meeny

Today, December 28, 2009, was the day scheduled six weeks ago for Eeny Meeny's neutering. I thought it would never come. With each day that passed he became more frustrated with being inside. He obviously wanted out to "sow his wild oats".

My original plan had been to have all three feral kittens "fixed" by the beginning of December, but that wasn't meant to be. With my own scheduling conflicts, our inability to trap the males sooner and the Humane Societies full schedule, my timetable for completing their surgeries just wasn't meant to be.

Isn't that the way life is though? We have a plan and it looks good, but something always happens to prevent it from happening as we perceived it should. Could it be that God had a better plan? In James 4:13-15, we read, "Now listen, you who say, 'Today or Tomorrow we will go to this or that city, spend a year there, carry on business and make money.' Why, you do not even know what will happen tomorrow. What is your life? You are a mist that appears for a little while and then vanishes. Instead you ought to say. 'If it is the Lord's will, we will live and do this or that."

This experience with Eeny Meeny, Miney and Momo has been such an amazing lesson. It seems that what started out to be an attempt to rescue 3 feral kittens has become God's classroom for me. I have learned so much about my resistance to God's plans and how God views me. I have come to believe that I am one of his "feral kittens". He wants to give me his very best, but I am always running off and choosing another path. He offers me the freshest water, but I prefer to drink out of a "mud puddle". In other words, I want to do it my way.

I have come to understand, as I have tried to convince Eeny Meeny, Miney and Momo, that their way is not nearly as good as mine, that my way is no where nearly as good as God's for me either..............Shalom, Bebe

No comments:

Post a Comment